Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Short Ribs

I recently had dinner with my friend Ruthie who is an aspiring chef getting prepared to attend culinary school in St. Helena this winter (read her blog! - http://ruthinfood.blogspot.com/).

Upon talking about & roaming the store for what to cook for dinner, we settled on short ribs, which we would marinate in an asian style, rice, and green beans.

The ribs were delicious, and could easily be improved with a longer marinade time.

Marinade:
Soy sauce
Mirin
Fresh ginger
Seasame oil
Siracha hot sauce
Brown sugar


Cooking - Meat side down to start. Rotate until cooked through (about 12-15 min total cooking time, depending on thickness)

We also had some savory cilantro rice - cooked by adding cilantro stems, soy sauce and a dash of seasame oil to the rice cooker.

For my first ever attempt at cooking short ribs, I concluded with "I like short ribs."

No comments:

Post a Comment