Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fish Tacos

I have made fish tacos dozens of times, and each time yielded a different result. This one, may have been my best yet.

Fish - Alaskan Halibut (Courtesy of my good friends Jess & Brandon)
Batter - Egg wash w/ a little water, Flour w/ chili lime salt.

Fish was broken down into managable strips, lightly battered, then pan fried in about 1/2 inch of vegetable oil.

Salsa - 1 mango, 2 avocados, 1/2 red onion, 1/2 bunch of cilantro, 3 limes, honey, mustard (sweet & spicy, and tahitian lime butter.

As always with food, especially fish, the better and higher quality ingredients, the better the food will turn out. This fish was incredible. I got a little lucky by finding a jar of this sweet, delicate butter I got suckered into buying at SF's Aloha fest. But, it turned out to be a great rediscovery in my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment