Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lentil soup with BACON.


I don't think I have ever had left over lentils in my fridge to date. So, I took the opportunity to try out a soup... it was screaming split pea. The nice thing was that the lentils were already cooked, so this was a very fast meal to make.  I started by cooking bacon. I mean, really, why wouldn't I?  After my 2 strips were nicely crisped, i drained the fat, then added the lentils into the pan and began the re-heating process.  Once bubbling, I added some home made chicken stock and let the soup hangout for a bit.  Eventually I took a stick blender to it with just a touch of cream.  Ready to serve, garnished with parsley, Parmesan, and some big chunks of bacon.  

The soup was delicious, and perfect for a cold foggy SF day.  Easy tip, leftovers make a great and easy soup. Just add stock!

No comments:

Post a Comment