Monday, February 14, 2011

Celebrity Chef

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of cooking for a client I've cooked for a number of times.  As I walked into the kitchen to unload my gear, I looked at the kitchen table and recognized the man sitting there. This night, I was cooking for Michael Chiarello.  For those who don't know, he owns a pretty famed restaurant in Napa, authored a handful of cookbooks, and was on Top Chef Masters.  Needless to say, I was suddenly nervous.  The menu was simple, something I've done a bunch. 


Dinner went well, I hope. The cool takeaways were not only did I get to cook for a big time celebrity chef, but that he got to taste a big piece of me and my family.  I made my grandma's Lemon Steak. A simple marinade that I enjoy so much I call it my "Last Meal."  I kept peeking in to see how everything was going, and as I cleared plates, I noticed his was clean... I'll take it!


Thanks again to my clients and Michael for letting me cook on Saturday! Hope to do it again real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment