Monday, December 27, 2010

Holdiay Meal #1 - Asian Theme

I've been fortunate during the push of the holiday season to be very busy and booked up with wonderful meals. The first of which came recently with the Bourgraf family visiting Lake Tahoe from Ohio.  Right from the get go, I knew this was going to be a fun meal. The menu was Asian themed, and the bar was full:

Leading off with Thai Lemongrass & Shrimp Soup:
http://kellanskitchen.blogspot.com/2010/12/thai-lemongrass-shrimp-soup.html

Followed by a wonderful Sesame seared Ahi with Mango, Avocado, & Arugula salad. Accompanied by a Mango Dipping sauce. 



The main course was Ginger Citrus Pork Tenderloin with Asian slaw, and Lavender-Ginger rice.

(I'm starting my new years resolution a bit early here. My dear Auntie Peggy, has badgered me over and over again to include measurements in my online recipes. So, here's for you Peg!)

Ginger Citrus Marinade:
Juice of the following:
2 Limes
5 Lemons
6 Oranges + 1 rind Julianned
1/2 bunch of Cilantro chopped
2/3 cup of Soy Sauce
1 TBSP of Sesame Oil
6 Oz of Honey
1/4 cup of diced Ginger (about 2 medium roots)
1/2 bunch of Green Onions
2 TBSP of White Miso Paste


And, for dessert, my lovely friend Amanda provided a homemade Strawberry Sorbet with light wafer cookies.


This meal was a pleasure to prepare for a great family. If any of the Bourgrafs want to chime in, I believe the Square bowls won the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment