Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Cioppino

For the first time, I was an orphan for Christmas. Not to fear, I had the Pollock family near by and armed with, as Darcy put it, "The Sea."

The idea came up over dinner a few weeks ago with some of the Pollock clan.  Cioppino for Christmas. Only Darcy and I had endulged in this incredible seafood treat, and Darcy wanted to be sure her family could experience the same goodness as she did a few weeks back.  I sent "The List" over to Darcy before she made her way to Tahoe from San Francisco.  She treated us (well, Buck paid) with "The Sea" from the seafood preveyor in the famed Ferry Building.  5 Crabs, 1 pound of shrimp, 1 pound of mussles, 1 pound of scallops and 3 filets of rockfish later, we had the makings of our cioppino feast. 

The recipe didn't change, nor did peoples excitement.  The meal was superb, and this post comes out of thanks to the Pollock family, and also a mini quote board for those choice one liners through the night...

"I wanna go stretch out and take deep breaths." - DP
"I'm a base of sourdough." - DP
"I think I can finally button my pants again." - DP
"I have birds on my skis." - RP

It was truly a fabulous Christmas night. 

1 comment:

  1. I still dream about this meal, glorious. Simply glorious.

    I wish I had birds on my skis.....

    ReplyDelete