Wednesday, August 4, 2010

LA Rendezvous

I was very fortunate to have a booking in Los Angeles.  Andi was kind enough to fly me down to prepare a huge meal for her and her friends to celebrate her new job.  The menu was ambitious, but very fun.
Mustard dill flank steak was the headliner, however, the huge mexican scallop stole the show.  A true showcase of incredible ingredients.  I simply prepared the scallop. Nothing major, just a little bit of coconut butter and salt. Served on top of bacon risotto.  But, the scallops also yeilded another dish.  I decided to make a crudo. By thinly slicing the scallop, and then pounding it paper thin.  Dressed with fresh lime juice, jullianed radishes, and some scallions.  To top, I heated up olive oil to frying temperature, and then drizzled it on top.  The plate was clear before I had a chance to try! 

Also on the menu were my shrimp spring rolls, and a heriloom & cherry crostini derived from Iron Chef 1.  The spring rolls and crostini are quickly becoming my most requested dishes. 


The dinner was long and fabulous, accompanied by lovely wine, and some berries and angel food cake for dessert.  An absolute joy to cook, and a treat to get to see some of my friends! Thanks Andi!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I think I recognize the girl behind the crostini. ;) Time for a cookoff, Kel. Maybe New Years?

    ReplyDelete