Monday, March 29, 2010

Asian Thursday Night Dinner

I had a wonderful opportunity to not only revisit a San Francisco Thursday Night Dinner, but also to celebrate a good friends birthday.  Teaming up with Keith, we knocked out an incredible meal for Cara's birthday.  Her request was "Asian seafood" and we ran with it.  There was a few dishes I had been wanting to try for a while, one of which was Shrimp-Jalepeno Spring rolls.  
Taking spring roll wrappers, I placed 2 shrimp (21-25, cleaned & peeled), some sliced jalepenos, cilantro, and diced scallions.  Wrapped, sealed and then repeated until I had a pretty large tray of rolls. For a dressing/dipping sauce, I decided to go with mango.  I sliced up a beautifully sweet mango, added a handful of cilantro, the juice of a few limes and a touch of Ponzu sauce.
These were then deep fried. They turned out spectacular and were easily the dish of the night.
(Note: For some reason, the picture wont upload... I guess Ill have to make these again soon.)




Also on the large menu:

Cucumber & Watermelon radish salad

Keith's Chicken Salad
Wasabi Mashed Potato Spring Rolls
Miso Marinated New York Steak (Brown miso paste, sirracha, mirin, brown sugar)
Tequila Lime Shrimp Skewers
Lots of wine



No comments:

Post a Comment