Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mustard -Dill Skirt Steak

In the middle of winter, sometimes you need to cook a summer meal. I have done variations on this before, however this time I decided to try the marinade from scratch and let the steak sit for at least 24 hours. Dijon mustard being the main ingredient and spice, I decided to add some fresh dill and build from there. Then some honey, lemon juice, worcestershire, a little bit of vegetable oil, and green onions. Then a few dashes of balsamic to finish it off. Letting it sit, the meat came out beautifully tender and delicious.



In accompanyment to the meat, I took some fresh ciabatta coated it in olive oil & rosemary and set it on the grill.  I love grilled bread, and add a small salad of arugula and this meal is a winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment